Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody-3

We recently received Icebreaker’s women’s Quantum III Hoody in time for featuring for the fall/winter season.

Founded in New Zealand and currently headquartered in Switzerland, Icebreaker is known for high quality Merino wool-made goods but there’s a complete level of transparency and sustainability behind the company which puts them in the forefront of the industry.

First off, 95% of their fabric is either natural- or plant-based, leaving only 5% of remaining fibres derived from petrochemical-based synthetic material. They work with renewable energy and water efficiency sources as well as with 70 ZQRX-certified growers that adhere to practices including fibre quality, animal health and welfare as well as their environmental impact on the globe.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody

The ZQRX program is regenerative agriculture-focused that helps growers work with nature to continually improve human, animal and environmental outcomes from farm to finished pieces.

These growers have their own stories to tell and are passionate about farming sheep on their land, including the monitoring of sheep in the face of climate change with regard to parasites, which unfortunately is part of the changing climate picture.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody

As well, their contracts with Icebreaker give them the certainty of their wool being sold, which helps with budgeting, business plans and future goals on their farms.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody

Outside of caring for Merino sheep, some farmers are even able to protect some of New Zealand’s endangered Kaki bird by fencing off certain areas of the farm (wetland sanctuaries) to create an ideal breeding environment for the Kaki.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody-4

The Quantum III Hoody is a versatile, slim-fit Merino terry mid layer ideal for both urban and sportive pursuits, from cool-weather walks to skiing.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody-2

The Merino wool helps to regulate your own body temperature while being odor-resistant. The hoody is also machine-washable for easy care.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody

The sleeves have thumb loops to keep you hands warm when the chilly air hits, and this 100% natural hoody sports zippered hand and chest pockets, two-way front zipper and internal pockets to stow a pair of gloves.

Icebreaker Quantum III Hoody

In Black, Cherry, Ether, Flash and Sedimentary/Cherry, sizes XS to XL; CAD $260/USD $200. There’s also a men’s version available (in Black, Lazurite, Shine, Loden and Sedimentary/Clove). Visit Icebreaker online for their entire collection of sustainable, quality goods.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.