We just caught wind of these great Swrve jeans that resemble their cotton denim cousins but are way more durable, water-resistant and comfortable to wear on active pursuits. These are constructed using CORDURA® denim made to withstand a lot of wear and tear in sunny and wet conditions both.
They’re treated with DWR (durable water resistant), perfect for Vancouver’s pesky rain-on, rain-off seasons. In fact, the DWR penetrates the fibers to lower the fabric’s surface tension which results in water beading up and rolling off its outer layer rather than absorbing it.
In addition to the stylish, dark regular-cut jeans that our model is sporting, there’s skinny, slim and sprinter styles available. And how do they feel on?
I got some feedback: The denim feels sturdy, they fit great and are pretty comfortable due to the added spandex.
Founded by Matt and Muriel in 2005, Swrve is all about high quality menswear that’s functional and long-lasting.
These jeans are suitable for cycling due to their lightweight, durable water-resistant fabric.
High-stress areas of the jeans are triple stitched and they’re pre-washed to prevent shrinkage, soften the fabric and reduce the risk of the dark indigo colour staining other clothes they come in contact with. It’s suggested that the jeans are washed before first wear to further minimize this risk.
– Super durable CORDURA® denim
– Low waist in front to prevent your belt from digging into your gut
– Higher waist in back to stay respectable and to keep you warm
– Articulated knees for a better fit on a bike, mountaintop or barstool
– Seamless diamond gusset for comfort
– Back pockets fit a mini U-lock
– Accessories pocket
– Reflective belt loops
– Reflective strip on inside right leg that’s exposed when cuff is rolled up
– High-quality YKK metal zipper
– Rivets for added durability
– Added 20% spandex for ease of movement
While Swrve’s showroom and headquarters are based in Los Angeles, the company ships their products worldwide; there’s also an online store locator to find retailers around the globe.
Swrve’s CORDURA® denim jeans retail for US $100. They also design and sell cycling jackets, hooded jackets, bags, trousers, caps, shorts and accessories for active, adventurous lifestyles.