Over the holidays, while cleaning out unused apps on my iPhone, I also discovered a wonderful new one to download, available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
BC Liquor Stores have put an amazing (and free!) app together that’s feature-rich. This app will come in handy at the upcoming Vancouver International Wine Festival. If you can type it in, you can look it up later! Note: You must be at least 17 years of age to download the app.
– Wines can be searched via type, colour, country, price, volume, varietal, organic, VQA, etc.
– Browse and search through a huge database of wine, beer, and spirits
– See current inventory in nearby stores (allowing location based services to access your phone)
– Share created lists via email, Facebook, Twitter, and text message
– The wine and food pairing guide will help you find just the right wine with your creation
– There are food and drink recipes culled from BC Liquor Stores Taste magazine
– Items can be scanned in order to find details and store availability
– You can save your favourites and create a Cellar for easy access
– Rate and comment on your favourite discoveries
– Find a store, get directions, and view store hours
– Map view will show stores open (green pins) or closed (red pins)
– Detailed product information plus space for typing in your own notes
Find the app here. And remember to taste, sip, and spit at your next wine event!