Spring is in the air and BC wineries have a vibrant bouquet of freshly picked BC VQA wines on offer. Renew your affection for BC’s homegrown gems as you sample the latest releases and connect with the winemakers behind the labels.
house wine is thrilled to be celebrating BC wines at the newest hot spot in the city, Vancouver Urban Winery. I’ve already attended several events here and it’s a great venue for hosting wine and food pairing events such as this one.
In addition to wines from all five of BC’s wine growing regions, Sip Into Spring With BC VQA will also cover BC’s wine subregions: Kelowna, Naramata, Okanagan Falls, Golden Mile and Black Sage/Osoyoos. What better way to enjoy these exciting newcomers than by shooting fresh oysters at the BC Shellfish Growers Association raw bar, indulging in elegant hors d’oeuvres from Chef Marta Pan, and savouring delicious Canadian cheeses?
This event will feature over 100 wines from 35 wineries, including:
– 2011 Cedar Creek Estate Winery, Riesling, Okanagan Valley ($18)
– 2010 Clos Du Soleil Winery, ‘Célestiale‘ Similkameen Valley ($25)
– 2008 Gray Monk Estate Winery, Odyssey Rosé Brut, Okanagan Valley ($20)
– 2010 Lake Breeze Vineyards, Seven Poplars Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley ($25)
– 2009 Laughing Stock Vineyards, ‘Portfolio‘ Okanagan Valley ($42)
– 2010 Meyer Family Vineyards, Pinot Noir, Okanagan Valley ($25)
– 2010 Moon Curser Vineyards, ‘Afraid of the Dark‘ Okanagan Valley ($22)
– 2009 Painted Rock Estate Winery, Estate ‘Red Icon’ Okanagan Valley ($55)
– 2007 Poplar Grove Winery, ‘Legacy‘ Okanagan Valley ($50)
– 2011 Quails’ Gate, Chenin Blanc, Okanagan Valley ($19)
– 2008 Quinta Ferreira Winery, ‘Obra – Prima‘ Okanagan Valley ($35)
– 2010 Sperling Vineyards, Old Vines Riesling, Okanagan Valley ($32)
Purchase tickets now and save $10! Only a few tickets remain at this special price.
Sip Into Spring with BC VQA
Date: Friday, May 25, 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Venue: Vancouver Urban Winery, 55 Dunlevy Ave, Vancouver
Tickets: $60 + HST ($50 until May 18)