REW.ca just launched their online real estate portal last week. Several local media, bloggers, and real estate industry were invited to learn about the site’s enhancements. As a Vancouverite in the rental circle, I hope(!) to be able to use their site one day for a future Vancouver home purchase.
While I admit to not having much experience with online real estate portals, I do know from having both purchased and sold a home in Europe years ago that this features-driven functionality would have come in very handy.
A meeting room inside the plush Four Seasons Vancouver served as the venue for a bit of mingling, appetizers, and drinks before a few demonstrations and introductions to the site were given.
There’s a wealth of built-in features included in both the computer and mobile versions. REW.ca’s portal covers the Lower Mainland from Hope to Whistler/Pemberton, including the Sunshine coast. The newly-expanded site connects home buyers and sellers with real estate agents, brokers, and developers.
REW.ca was also first to locally access MLS® and WLS listings for resale homes and new property developments on the same site. They were also ahead of the curve by linking properties with detailed information regarding community, nearby schools, restaurants, grocery stores, transit and on the eco-friendly level, each property’s Walk Score.
REW.ca comes fully loaded with several features:
– Customizable search, including price, bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, property type and MLS® number
– Property Alerts by email when new listings match saved searches
– Mortgage calculator that providing local, real-time rates
– Over 150 original neighbourhood profiles with information about schools, recreation, amenities, demographics, average home prices and more
– Local real estate news and useful articles
– A map-based search for new home developments
– Direct links to agents via listings or agent directory
– Mobile-friendly search, save, and social media/email share options
Here’s a brief Vimeo video highlighting some of the features in action: