The challenge: Could I take my well-loved Lowepro Passport Sling and fit my compact camera and essential day gear in this new little StreetLine SH 120? That was my main goal when setting out to review one of Lowepro’s latest collections in their lineup.
The StreetLine series is designed for commuters, travellers and photographers with lots of gear large and small. The modern, cool grey material’s water repellent, its exterior a two-tone 600D Oxford poly/cotton blend.
Leather accents add to the durability and personality of the bag. Weather-treated exterior zippers offer extra protection from our rainy Vancity weather.
I gathered all my essentials and gave it a try with two scenarios: one fitting a Bose QuietComfort 25 and cable, Belkin portable charger, wallet and iPhone, the other with a Lumix LX100, water bottle, wallet, notebook and other small items. The SH 120 has an expandable FlexPocket that accommodates your gear as well as a mini tablet compartment.
– Internal Dimensions: 18 x 9.5 x 26.8 cm (7.1” x 3.7” x 10.6”)
– Tablet Compartment: 18 x 1.5 x 19.5 cm (7.1” x 0.6” x 7.68”)
– External Dimensions: 20 x 10 x 28.5 cm (7.87” x 3.9” x 11.22”)
– Weight: 0.49 kg (1.08 lbs)
While I still own a Nikon DSLR, I find I’m spending a lot more quality time on the road with the Lumix, so when Lowepro invited me to choose from the collection, I went for the SH 120 (the smallest, most compact of the bags) to see what I could fit in there.
– StreetLine SH 120 | Urban-style shoulder bag designed for a mini tablet, personal items and gear
– StreetLine SL 140 | Sling-style bag that fits an 11” laptop, tablet and personal items
– StreetLine SH 180 | Messenger bag for a 13” laptop, tablet and other accessories
– StreetLine BP 250 | Roomy backpack with slim profile for 13” laptop, tablet, smartphone, jacket, sunglasses, headphones, etc.
This is what I travel with no matter where I’m off to. The water bottle wouldn’t fit with the noise-cancelling headphones, but did fit with the portable camera scenario.
While I got everything to fit with the camera and other gear, it was tight. Note to iPhone users: I used the front zipped pocket for my iPhone 6 (with Speck CandyShell Inked case). An iPhone 6/6s Plus won’t fit in there!
I do like the padded, adjustable shoulder strap, key fob, pockets, storage spaces and top handle but this bag is really meant for nothing more than what I have here (ideally minus the water bottle). I can see using this bag for quick trips around town or to the cafe for working from an iPad Mini (which of all gadgets, I’ve yet to add to the collection!).
The StreetLine SH 120 retails for CDN $124.95, US $99.95 and is available online, at major US retailers and hopefully soon at London Drugs stores in Canada. Unwatermarked images courtesy of Lowepro.