As the population continues to grow in Metro Vancouver, so has our city’s traffic congestion. There’s a good chance that if you drove to work or to school this morning, you were stuck in traffic at some point during your commute.
This is where TravelSmart comes in! We already have a great transit system in place, but there are other methods of sustainable travel options to explore. Have you considered biking to your destination? How about setting up a carpool with your colleagues?
TravelSmart offers tips and tricks on how to change the way you travel. Their new website aims to both educate and create a community for Vancouverites on sustainable transportation options, including carpooling, cycling, walking, and car sharing.
What you’ll find on the site:
– Tips and tricks to make it easier for you to walk, cycle, carpool, car share, and take transit
– Personal TravelSmart stories from readers
– Contests and chances to win prizes
– Community events listings and opportunities to meet the TravelSmart team
– Online resources, maps, and tools to help you boost your TravelSmarts
– Sustainable travel tidbits from the local community and around the globe
Habitual changes take time; the first step starts with learning about other options available. No one expects you to completely change how you travel, but being informed can’t hurt. Join the movement, and make the change for good.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with TravelSmart.