Join thousands of Vancouverites by recycling your Christmas tree in early 2014 and help reduce our city’s environmental footprint.
There are several ways to participate:
– Drop off your Christmas tree at a Lions Club neighbourhood chipping event
– Have it picked up on your yard trimmings collection day
– Drop it off (free of charge) at the Vancouver South Transfer Station or Vancouver Landfill
Please ensure that all tinsel, lights, and decorations are removed. Real trees only, please!
Lions Club tree chipping events will be held in four locations around the city
on Saturday, January 4 and Sunday, January 5 from 10 am to 4 pm:
– Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot, East Boulevard north of 41st Avenue
– Kitsilano Beach parking lot, Cornwall Avenue and Arbutus Street
– Sunset Beach upper parking lot, Beach Avenue and Broughton Street
– Rona Home & Garden, Grandview Store, 2727 East 12th Avenue (parking lot south of 12th)
Bring your tree for chipping and help the Lions Club with donations of cash and non-perishable food items for local charities.
Yard Trimming Collection
Vancouver households that participate in city yard trimmings/food scraps collection can put their Christmas tree out before 7 am on their regular yard trimmings collection day until January 31. Christmas trees will be collected manually, using a different truck than the regular yard waste truck.
For details on yard trimmings disposal, phone 3-1-1 or visit the City of Vancouver’s Christmas tree recycling and chipping page.
Transfer Station and Landfill
Residents can drop off trees for free until January 31 at either the Vancouver South Transfer Station at 377 Kent Avenue North or the Vancouver Landfill at 5400 72nd Street in Delta.